Litter is one of our major environmental problems. Litter and littering includes:
- Anything left where it's not meant to be.
- Rubbish and furniture put on roadsides or outside shops (including charity shops).
- Building materials outside of a construction site.
- Rubbish thrown from motor vehicles.
- Cigarette butts.
- Putting household or business rubbish in a public litter bin.
- Advertising material placed under windscreen wipers.
For more information see EPA Victoria.
Check what type of dumped rubbish or litter you can report and where you can report it. If unsure, contact us.
What types of dumped rubbish and litter can you report?
- Neighbour’s hard rubbish left on nature strip (for longer than two weeks).
- Rubbish abandoned on public land (parks, reserves, footpaths).
- Rubbish abandoned on private land (neighbour's property, commercial properties).
- Cigarette butts