Report an issue with a tree on public land

How to report an issue with a tree on public land

Read the information below before you report.

Report now

What to report

You can report a tree or tree branch that is obstructing the road, footpath or is in danger of falling or causing damage.

If unsure, contact us.

What types of tree issues can you report?

On public land

  • Fallen trees or branches on nature strips, footpaths, parks and roads.
  • Overhanging branches onto public land.
  • Council trees that need maintenance.

On private property

  • If the fallen tree or branch originates from private property please call the SES on 132500.

Trees over power lines

How to report an issue

  1. Prepare the following information before you report:
    • The location of the issue.
    • The date and time of when the issue occurred.
    • Historic details leading up to you reporting this issue.
    • Your contact details if you'd like an update. Or, you can remain anonymous.
    • Other details that will assist us with your specific issue.
  2. Report the issue to us

    You can make a report online, in person or over the phone.

What happens after you have reported an issue?

  • You will be provided with a reference number for your report.
  • We will assess the issue and take appropriate action.

Report online

1 of 4
I would like to
Need help? Contact us.