We have 3 awards that recognises the outstanding contribution of locals who have distinguished themselves with their service to the community.
- The Freeman or Freewoman of the City award is recognition of the outstanding contribution made to the community by an individual. All nominees have given extensive and distinguished service, in a largely voluntary capacity to local organisations and community groups.
- The Key to the City is a single event award and acknowledges the contribution of an individual, group or organisation for an outstanding achievement in sport, entertainment or humanitarian work at a national or international level.
- The Freedom of Entry to the City award reflects a special relationship between a local emergency services unit or an Australian Defence Force unit and the local community.
Our award recipients
The following people have received Freedom of the City Awards.
- Mr William (Bill) Howard Larkin, OAM - Freeman of the City 2011
- No. 401 Squadron, Australian Air Force Cadets - Freedom of the City 2001
- The Honourable Neil Anthony Brown, QC, - Freeman of the City 1991
- Mr Barry Anthony Jones - Freeman of the City 1990
- Mr Leslie John Cameron - Freeman of the City 1990
- Mr Irvine Heber Green, OAM - Key to the City 1988
- Sir Raymond William Garrett, AFC, AEA - Freeman of the City 1987
Please note award recipients include those made by the Manningham Council's predecessor, the City of Doncaster and Templestowe.