Applications are now open
We recognise the value of helping property owners to protect and manage significant:
Appreciating the importance of our significant areas of interest, two separate grant programs are available annually:
- the heritage restoration fund (buildings)
- the heritage restoration fund (trees and gardens).
What the funds cover
The heritage restoration fund (buildings) provides owners of identified heritage properties to apply for a small grant. This will help with the maintenance and restoration of significant buildings and other places of interest.
The heritage restoration fund (trees and gardens) provides owners of significant trees and gardens with help either to:
- undertake appropriate maintenance works
- obtain a suitable water supply to provide for the longevity of these trees and gardens.
Amount of funding available
A total of $35,000 is available across these two funding programs. We’ll generally provide funding for conservation work on a dollar for dollar basis up to a maximum amount of $3,000.
Properties eligible for funding assistance
Most owners of properties of the following heritage overlays are eligible to apply for funding through the appropriate heritage restoration fund:
- heritage overlay of the Manningham planning scheme
- heritage overlay (where tree controls apply)
- vegetation protection overlay schedule 5 (significant exotic, native and indigenous vegetation).
To find out more about the eligibility criteria and assessment priorities, download the policy and guidelines below.
How to apply
If you’re ready to apply for funding, download the application forms below. Include a copy of quotes for the restoration project, showing the value of the works. Also, provide photographs of the building, tree or garden in its current condition.
Making a claim if you’re successful
If you’re a successful applicant, complete the form below and send it to email@example.com. You must also include receipts and photos showing the completion of works with your claim form.
Need help? Contact us.