We are moving to a new booking system for our immunisation sessions. There may be some minor delays or issues during this transition. Contact us if you have any questions about your booking.
We provide immunisation for babies, children and adults to keep our community safe and prevent the spread of infectious diseases.
Our trained, specialist immunisation nurses provide a range of vaccinations. They also offer expert immunisation and catch up vaccination advice.
Free vaccinations we offer
As part of the NIP we offer free vaccinations to:
- Children 0 to 5 years
- Secondary school students (years 7 and 10)
- Catch-up vaccinations for anyone aged 0 to 19 years
- Whooping cough (Boostrix) vaccine for new parents
- Pneumococcal for adults over 65 years of age
- Influenza for pregnant women, children under 5 years old and adults over 65 years of age.
Paid vaccinations we offer
We offer the following paid vaccinations:
- Meningococcal B
- Meningococcal ACWY
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella
- Diphtheria, Tetanus and Pertussis
- Influenza (seasonal) for those between 5 and 65 years of age.
Vaccinations we don't offer
Please see your local GP to receive the following vaccinations:
- Travel vaccinations
- BCG – Tuberculosis
When to get immunised
The National Immunisation Program (NIP) lists vaccinations a person should receive from birth to adulthood.
Visit the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) and the Sharing Knowledge about Immunisation (SKAI) to understand what vaccinations you should receive and when.
Get the flu vaccine
The 2023 season flu vaccine is now available. You can make your booking at one of our sessions.
The influenza vaccination is free for:
- pregnant women
- children under five
- adults over 65 years of age
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders aged six months or older
- people aged 6 months or older with medical conditions putting them at increased risk of severe influenza and its complications.
If you are not eligible for a free flu shot, you are still able to purchase the vaccine from us when we have stock available.
School immunisation sessions
We visit all schools in our municipality to deliver free vaccinations to school students in year 7 and 10, under the NIP schedule.
To learn about the vaccination program, contact your child’s school.
Get catch up advice and how to access your immunisation records
Access your immunisation records or get catch up vaccination advice. These records allow childcare and school enrolments and to access family payments.
Get catch up advice and access your immunisation records
Get information in your language
Read immunisation information and fact sheets in other languages.