The Community Development Grant is a category of the Community Grant Program. The grant allows not-for-profit groups and organisations to achieve short to medium term community development outcomes.
What the grant hopes to achieve
The aim of the grant is to:
- respond to a community need with a focus on vulnerable individuals and groups
- be inclusive and allow all member of the community to participate, including targeted responses that helps vulnerable individuals and groups to participate in local activities and opportunities
- foster an inclusive and harmonious community, drawing strength from difference and diversity
- enhance the health and wellbeing of the community
- support a safer and more resilient community
- encourage collaboration between ourselves, groups and organisations for the benefit of the community
- enhance community outcomes through organisational change or development such as capacity building and research.
When does the funding round begin
Applications closed for 2023.
How much funding is available for the grant
Funding is between $3,001 and $20,000. Allocations are for 1 financial year and isn’t recurring.
The estimated allocation for the community development grant category is $90,000 per annum.