Deer are destroying our most valuable assets. What can we do about it?
Did you know:
- deer are a serious threat to our bushland habitat. They destroy saplings and mature trees and compete for food with our native wildlife
- they are trashing our most important assets, our private properties, bushland, market gardens and farmland
- deer are ruining our waterways and endangering our drinking water
- deer threaten our community safety and are a serious collision risk on our roads
- deer can carry pathogens and harbour diseases which can be transmitted to our domestic stock and animals.
Speakers from Middle Yarra Landcare Network, Manningham Council and guest speaker John Harris from Wildlife and Ecology, Melbourne will talk about what can be done to minimise the impact deer have on our precious environment.