Calling all people from multicultural backgrounds in Manningham and surrounds!
Come and learn more about the importance of looking after your mental health and wellbeing, and the support that is available in your local community.
Our next Strength Through Connection event is a forum on Mental Health and Multicultural Communities as part of national Mental Health Week.
This event will feature:
- specialists in multicultural mental health
- a panel of experts
- local mental health and wellbeing service providers
- plus the launch of Manningham Council's mental health services webpage by Mayor Michelle Kleinert
Mental health is a key component of overall health and well-being. 1 in 5 (21.4 per cent) Australians aged 16 to 85 have experienced a mental disorder in the past 12 months.
Many people may not be aware of what poor mental health means, how to support someone or how they can get help. The individual needs, backgrounds and identities of people can impact how, or even whether, they will seek support.
We will have a broad range of speakers who will provide information about:
- types of mental health issues
- stories of lived experience
- what treatments are available
- how can you support someone
- how to get help
- hope for recovery
We look forward to seeing you there!