A fun and inclusive day of activities connecting children with disabilities to local sport and active recreation opportunities.
Variety Activate Inclusion Sports Day (AISD) gives kids the opportunity to try sports they might otherwise miss out on.
Aimed at kids aged 5 to 18 years with learning difficulties, intellectual, sensory and physical disabilities. This is an opportunity to have a go in a fun and inclusive environment.
The day involves:
- a range of sports to try
- specialised coaching
- adaptive equipment
- water and fruit
- local sporting club exhibitors
- access to community services
- opportunities to network
Benefits of attending the day:
- the health benefits of physical activity
- building social wellbeing and friendship
- strengthening balance, coordination and mobility skills
- working as part of a team, collaborating and planning
- increased self-esteem through a sense of achievement
This event is delivered in conjunction with Disability Sports Australia.
Disability Sports Australia aims to get more Australians with a disability more active, more often while working nationally to support sport and active recreation participation.
Variety the Children's Charity believes all kids deserve a fair go. They provide practical and essential support to kids who are sick, disadvantaged or have special needs.