Manningham Council is transitioning to a new Community Grant Program that will provide community groups and organisations with an integrated, streamlined and accessible grants program.
The Community Grant Program 2015/2016 will fund eligible grant recipients to deliver projects and programs that involve and benefit the Manningham community, including:
- The delivery of a service that is needed by the community
- Opportunities for local community groups to participate in civic life and/or socially connect with other members of the community
- Opportunities for local community groups to make a cultural and/or artistic contribution.
On Monday 9 February, applications will open in the following categories:
- Community Development – provides $3,001 to $20,000 for activities that meet the needs of Manningham’s diverse community
- Arts and Culture – provides $3,001 to $20,000 for activities that celebrate community life and enhance connections by providing access to local arts, culture and heritage
- Community Partnership – provides financial assistance (greater than $20,000 and up to four years funding) to agencies that deliver specialist services and projects in line with Council’s strategic directions.
Applications close at 5.00 pm (AEST) Monday 23 March 2015 and must be submitted through Council’s online grants management system
To assist in preparing applications, Council is conducting the following sessions:
- Information Session – Community Grant and Community Facilities Funding Programs, Tuesday 17 February, 6.30 pm or Thursday 19 February, 10.00 am
- Grant Writing Workshop to assist organisations to apply for funding through government, corporate and philanthropic organisations, Tuesday 24 February, 6.30 pm – 8.30 pm
- Grant application assistance will also be offered to those who require application support.
All sessions will be held at the Manningham Civic Centre, 699 Doncaster Road, Doncaster. Bookings can be made via email or by calling 9840 9305.
For more information, visit the Grants page of our website.
Please note: The new Small Grants Program will be effective from 1 July 2015 and will be available three times a year in September, March and May. Until June 2015, small grant applications will still be accepted under the existing Small Grants Program.