Read on for more information on how to join our Recreation and Sports Advisory Committee
Updated 19 September 2022.
Nominations are now open for the Recreation and Sports Advisory Committee (RSAC).
RSAC will give community members an opportunity to make a difference on emerging recreation and sport issues for the Manningham community. We want to hear from people of all ages, abilities and cultural backgrounds, who live or play in Manningham.
Meeting four times through the year, the new committee will provide an opportunity for members to share their experiences to support sport and recreation outcomes, and deliver on actions from the Active for Life Recreation Strategy 2010-25.
Some training and mentoring on meeting processes will be provided, and group members will have a chance to discuss a wide range of topics.
The benefits of becoming a RSAC representative:
- connecting with new people and developing friendships
- leadership and skill building opportunities
- self-empowerment and peer support
- professional references and recognition of service
- representing the community at Council and local events
- advocating for recreation and sport issues in the Manningham community
- advising and informing Council on the issues and challenges in the community
We are looking for people who:
- currently live or play in Manningham
- are willing to participate in the committee for a minimum of two years
- want to make a difference to their local community
If you are interested in applying, please complete the Expression of Interest form below.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 5 October. Read the Terms of Reference for more details.