From 8.00pm Wednesday 16 June to 5.00am Monday 19 July, Major Roads Projects Victoria will start a five-week work blitz along Porter Street between the Fitzsimons Lane roundabout and Edwin Road. They will work 24 hours a day, seven days a week to relocate underground utility services and undertake pavement construction and drainage works.
Hawtin Street and Edwin Road will also be closed at Porter Street to allow service relocations to be completed in those areas. All access to Hawtin Street and all intersecting roads including Mandella Street will be from Foote Street. Access to Edwin Road will be via Read Street.
What to expect:
- 24 hour works
- signed detours will be in place via Foote Street, Reynolds Road and Blackburn Road
- plan your journey. Delays of approximately 20-minute expected along the detour route
- traffic controllers will direct local traffic and speed reductions will be in place
- buses and emergency services will still be able to enter Porter Street from the roundabout
- local traffic only will be allowed access to the Templestowe Reserve and BlueCross Silverwood aged care from the Warrandyte direction
- entry to the Water Tunnel Car Wash and café will be from Fitzsimons Lane only
- entry to Hawtin Street will be from Foote Street only
- construction impacts such as noise, dust and vibration.