Many Manningham charities are seeking assistance, as supplies have been dwindling following a noticeable increase in demand during COVID-19.
As the current health crisis stretches on and the economic impact continues, more people are relying on charities and churches for their food supplies, including families who have never asked for assistance before.
Stage 4 coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions have changed the way that charities and churches accept food donations due to the stay-at-home orders. Gift vouchers can be purchased from local supermarkets and mailed, or e-gift cards can be purchased and emailed directly to the support organisation.
Local organisations offering food relief in Manningham include:
- Doncare, Suite 4, Level 1, Manningham City Square, 687 Doncaster Road, Doncaster VIC 3108. Please call first: 9856 1500
- MCC CareNet, Manningham Christian Centre, 143-145 Parker St, Templestowe. Please call first: 9846 7244
- Vantage Point Care, 320 Reynolds Rd, Donvale. Please call first: 9844 4465
- LinC, Pathway Baptist Church, 41 Marcus Road, Templestowe Lower. Hours are 9.00am to 12noon, Monday to Friday.
- Living and Learning @ Ajani, 284 Thompsons Road, Templestowe Lower. Phone: 9850 3687
- Salvation Army, 325 Mitcham Road, Mitcham. Hours are 9.00am to 4.30pm, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
All charities will also willingly accept donations of gift cards and supermarket vouchers. Visit our resource to find out more about which organisations offer emergency food relief in Manningham.
Visit Manningham Matters online to read more stories from this week’s edition.