Flu vaccines are now available at new evening flu clinics held at the Ted Ajani Community Centre, Lower Templestowe, for $25 per vaccine. Please book and pay online as we cannot accept walk-ins.
Government-funded flu vaccine is also available for the following residents:
- children aged between six months and under five years
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged six months and older
- pregnant women (at any stage of pregnancy)
- people aged 65 years and older
- people aged six months and older with medical conditions that put them at increased risk of severe influenza and its complications, including cardiac disease, chronic respiratory conditions, chronic neurological conditions, immunocompromising conditions, diabetes and other metabolic disorders, renal disease, haematological disorders; and children aged six months to 10 years on long term aspirin therapy. *A medical management plan must be provided as proof of eligibility.
Children under nine years receiving their flu vaccine for the first time require two doses of the vaccine, spaced by a minimum of four weeks.
Anyone that has received a COVID-19 vaccine and would like to book in for a flu vaccine must have a minimum of 14 days gap between injections.
Please note due to a limited venue capacity, the user pays flu vaccine is not available at our immunisation sessions at MC Square.