Domeney Reserve provides a range of community facilities including sporting oval, netball / basketball court, Domeney Recreation Centre which includes a community centre and sports pavilion, playground, barbecues and picnic shelters.
It plays an important role in the provision of informal recreation and cultural opportunities within its district catchment, including the annual event, Carols by Candlelight. The playground is next door to St Anne’s Primary School and accessibility for Park Orchard residents in general will be improved once the long term bicycle network is implemented.
Domeney Reserve playground provides a range of equipment suitable for children aged 2 to 8 years. Play opportunities include two slides, swing set, track glide, crawl tunnel, shop front and some climbing challenges. Invite some friends along and stay for barbecue under the picnic shelter in the playground. There is also a drink fountain.
Places and spaces
- Sportsground (football and cricket) with undercover spectator area
- Netball and basketball court (full size)
- Two picnic shelters - each with two picnic tables and two barbecues
- Off street carpark including two disabled carparks
- Cricket training nets
- Bike racks outside community centre
- Park Orchards Senior Football Club
- Park Orchards Cricket Club
- Park Orchards/ North Ringwood Parish Junior Football Club
- Park Orchards Community House Learning Centre
Access is from Knees Road. Domeney Reserve provides off street carparking and is the arrival point for the 100 Acres Reserve (next door). The walking path from Domeney Reserve links to 100 Acres Reserve at the back of the sportsground (next to the netball court).
Bring your dog
Off lead reserve, except within 15 metres of a playground, BBQ area or where a sporting event is in progress.
Bushfire Neighbourhood Safer Place
Manningham Council has designated the community centre as a Neighbourhood Safer Place - Place of last resort during a bushfire.