Donvale Reserve is 11 hectares in size, with the majority of the Reserve providing a range of sporting facilities, including soccer, tennis, football, cricket, netball and basketball. Off Noonan Way is the Donvale Reserve playspace as well as the Montessori Early Education Centre.
The Reserve has pedestrian access from five streets, including Mitcham Road which has a bus route, and vehicular access from Mitcham and Martha Streets.
Places and spaces
- Two full sized community basketball and netball courts
- Tennis courts
- Four sportsgrounds for football, soccer and cricket
- Public toilets
- Off street parking
- Cricket nets
Donvale Reserve playspace
The Donvale Reserve playspace is located south of Noonan Way, amongst sports ovals and full-sized basketball and netball courts. The reserve also offers paths for cycling.
Suitable age group: 1 to 8 years
Donvale Reserve playspace upgrade
We’re renewing the playspace at Donvale Reserve as part of our open space capital works program.
What's included in the upgrade?
The new playspace will have:
- A play unit with tube slide, climbing net and play panels
- Monkey bars
- Triple swing including a basket seat
- Nature play area with timber steppers and log climbing
- New concrete pad and picnic table
- New bench seats
- New trees and small garden beds
- Mudstone rock edging
- New concrete paths
- Fitness hub to work upper, middle and lower body with four static fitness stations.
When will it be done?
Construction is expected to begin in second half of 2023.
Clubs and organisations
- Donvale Football Club
- Donvale Magpies Junior Football Club
- Donvale Cricket Club
- Donvale Tennis Club
- St. David's Cricket Club
- Montessori Early education Centre
There are a number of bus routes which travel along Mitcham Rd and Springvale Rd, Donvale including bus route numbers: