Our key policies
Our key climate and energy policies are the Climate 2020 Action Plan and Securing the Future Adaptation Plan, which seek to reduce emissions and encourage people to adapt to our changing environment.
Through action 5.1 of the Securing the Future Adaptation Plan, we have also developed the Manningham City Council Food Security Plan 2016-2021. The plan aims to assist in creating a sustainable food system that allows economic and physical access to locally sourced food for individuals and businesses. It also provides the capacity for readily obtaining information for decision making that leads to healthy food choices.
You can also read about how we are leading sustainability action in our Annual Environment Report for 2020.
Find all these documents in the Related downloads section.
Learn about local efforts to reduce energy use and emissions
We encourage the local community to be active participants in reducing energy use and emissions.
Save energy at home and reduce your impact on climate change with these tips:
- Discover how to get the best deal on your energy bill. Consider purchasing green power from your electricity retailer.
- Choose a Green Plumber to assist with selection of your heating and cooling systems, and solar hot water.
- Purchasing a new home? Check out its house energy rating.
- Building or renovating? Learn how to design the energy-smart way.
Manningham Solar Savers program
The Solar Savers program is a local council initiative. It helps households and businesses install quality and affordable rooftop solar and batteries. Since 2019, Solar Savers has supported the installation of over 400 solar PV systems in Victoria.
The Eastern Alliance for Greenhouse Emissions (EAGA) leads the Solar Savers program. Various Victorian Local Governments, including Manningham, are participating in the program.
Benefits of rooftop solar
By installing rooftop solar through Solar Savers, you can:
- reduce energy bills
- future-proof against increasing energy costs
- support the transition to clean, renewable energy.
Receive a free quote
Eligible residents and businesses with suitable rooftops for solar will receive a free quote. The quote will include:
- indictive costs
- expected energy and cost savings.
You will have the opportunity to discuss the quote with the installer and Solar Savers to ensure solar power is suitable for you.
Visit the Solar Savers website to find out more about the:
- $1000 Manningham Council subsidy for battery installation
- $2800 worth of State Government rebates and loans available for the installation of solar or batteries.