NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Nominations are now open for the new Manningham Youth Advisory Committee (MYAC).
MYAC will give young people aged 16 to 25 an opportunity to make a difference to their local community. We would like to hear from young people about their ideas and opinions relating to a broad range of topics about how to make life better in Manningham – for young people and for everyone. We want to strengthen the diversity of voices that have input into Council’s planning. We want young people’s thoughts and advice to be reflected in key strategic documents and directions.
Meeting about five times through the year, the Committee will provide valuable experience in running and participating in meetings with decision makers. Some training and mentoring will be provided in meeting processes, and group members will have a chance to discuss a wide range of topics. 10 young people will be selected to be a part of the committee, representing a range of ages and interests.
The benefits of becoming a MYAC representative:
- connecting with new people and developing friendships
- leadership and skill building opportunities
- self-empowerment and peer support
- professional references and recognition of service
- representing young people at Council and local events
- advocating for young people in the Manningham community
- advising and informing Council on the issues and challenges facing young people in the community.
We are looking for people who are:
- aged between 16 - 25 years and live, work or study in Manningham.
- willing to participate in the committee for a minimum of 12 months, with the potential to extend to coming years.
- wanting to make a difference to their local community.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 17 November 2021. Read the Terms of Reference for more details.