Manningham Council is proposing changes to planning controls to clarify guidelines around the design and location of a range of non-residential buildings such as aged care facilities, medical centres, stand alone garages and sheds.
Community feedback is being sought on the changes which will apply to the Neighbourhood Residential, General Residential, Low Density Residential and Residential Growth zones across Manningham.
Council is seeking to introduce the changes as an amendment to the Manningham Planning Scheme – Amendment C110.
The amendment proposes to:
- Modify the Accommodation Premises Policy to provide clear direction and criteria for the location, siting and design of aged care facilities within the Low Density Residential Zone (LDRZ)
- Modify the Non-Residential Uses in Residential Areas Policy to ensure non-residential uses (e.g. medical centres) in areas identified for residential growth along main roads covered by DDO8-1 are appropriate for the area
- Introduce a new local policy – Outbuildings in the Low Density Residential Zone Policy – to provide guidance for the size, siting, design and function of outbuildings (e.g. garages, sheds)
- Revise Clause 32.03 in the Low Density Residential Zone to introduce a planning permit trigger of 80m² for outbuildings.
Amendment C110 will be on public exhibition from 20 August – 21 September 2015, and can be inspected at the:
- Manningham Civic Centre, 699 Doncaster Road, Doncaster, during office hours
- Doncaster, The Pines, Bulleen and Warrandyte branch libraries
- Online at Your Say Manningham website
- Online at Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website
In order to ensure that your views are considered, make a written submission, by 21 September 2015, online at Your Say Manningham website or by mail to:
Manager Economic and Environmental Planning
Manningham City Council
PO Box 1
DONCASTER VIC 3108