Manningham Council is planning a major upgrade of the outdoor spaces on the western side of Tunstall Square and is currently seeking comment from the community to finalise the design.
Approximately $1 million will be invested over the next three years to refresh the remaining pedestrian areas and build on the established ‘market feel’ in Tunstall Square, which is one of Manningham’s most popular neighbourhood centres.
The key features of the draft Tunstall Square Streetscape Masterplan are:
- New public plaza space providing opportunity for community events, play elements, casual seating, and new feature trees
- Upgraded footpaths with clear delineation of trading areas
- Contemporary landscaping.
- Staged replacement of some trees
- New seating areas, litter bins and wayfinding signage in key locations
- Opportunities for vibrant community/public art
Manningham Mayor Cr Paul McLeish said Tunstall Square has a wide range of services and a lively outdoor atmosphere, and the proposed streetscape improvements will significantly improve opportunities for visitors to meet, sit and enjoy this local neighbourhood centre.
“I encourage local residents to share their views on the draft Streetscape Masterplan, as community feedback will help inform the works to be completed over the next three years.”
For more information and to have their say, the community is invited to visit www.yoursaymanningham.com.au
Submissions on the draft Tunstall Square Streetscape Masterplan close on Friday 23 October.