We’re looking for three dedicated people from our Manningham community to join our Historical Societies Working Group.
The focus of the working group is to provide advice on heritage and historical collection management projects that contribute to the preservation and interpretation of our local history.
As a member of the Historical Societies Working Group, you will actively participate in a range of exciting initiatives, including:
- encouraging contemporary museum practice, such as digitising inventories
- implementing curatorial practices to preserve historical items
- developing succession planning for the sustainability of our societies
- collaborating on special projects of historical significance
- promoting heritage festivals and educational materials
- managing facilities to support our historical societies
- attracting and engaging volunteers to contribute their valuable skills
- assisting with government grant applications and funding requests.
This vital initiative supports the long-term viability of Templestowe and Doncaster Historical Society, Warrandyte Historical Society and Wonga Park Community Cottage Community Group in Manningham.
Members of the three existing Manningham historical groups listed above will automatically be included as members of this committee and are also encouraged to apply. They will also receive priority consideration for membership within the Working Group.
Who can apply
Applications are open to people who live, work or study in Manningham and who have relevant professional expertise, knowledge and skills, or other experience of our community’s heritage.
We believe in fostering inclusivity and welcome applications from diverse groups, including:
- youth and older adults
- carers and people with lived experience of disability
- First Nations Peoples
- people from the LGBTQIA+ community
- people from all multicultural backgrounds.
How to apply
Read the Terms of Reference
Apply via the Expression of Interest form by Monday 25 September
This is available online and as a hard copy form.