We’ve developed a draft landscape masterplan for Ruffey Lake Park and we want to hear your feedback. The draft masterplan will provide clear direction for the future design, development and management of the park over the next 15 years.
The masterplan aims to maintain Ruffey Lake Park’s status as the green jewel of Manningham and outlines our plans to preserve, enhance and encourage greater use and enjoyment of the park’s diverse natural environmental and historic qualities.
The draft masterplan is based on community consultation undertaken late last year. We heard feedback from over 800 voices who told us what they love about the park and what they felt could be improved.
The top five most-loved qualities
- The walking paths
- The lake
- The trees
- The view
- The dog off-lead areas.
The top five items to be improved
- Car parking
- Dog off-lead areas and walking paths
- Bushland areas.
Based on what we’ve already heard from the community, the masterplan’s major initiatives include:
- Lighting the Hill Top Circuit trail to allow for exercise and dog walking outside of daylight hours
- Accessibility improvements including a new lakeside boardwalk and bridges
- Infrastructure upgrades
- Exercise stations
- A youth space that may incorporate a pump track and climbing trail
- New tree planting
- Upgrades to existing playspaces including water play
- Improvements to Magic Mountain play area
- A small amphitheatre
- Art elements
- Investigating interest in the community for a Friends of Ruffey Lake Park group.
To view the draft masterplan and provide feedback visit Your Say Manningham.
Community consultation closes Friday 18 December.