The Main Hearing for Amendment C127mann and Planning Permit Application PLN20/0303 will be held on:
- Tuesday 12 October 2021
- Thursday 14 October 2021
- Friday 15 October 2021, and
- Monday 19 October 2021 (if required)
The Hearing will consider submissions received during the public exhibition period of the proposed amendment.
The Properties Corporation of the Churches of Christ are proposing an amendment to the Manningham Planning Scheme and the concurrent approval of a planning permit application to facilitate the following future development of the site:
- the partial demolition of the existing heritage listed church
- the construction of a 17-storey mixed-use development comprising 177 dwellings
- a place of assembly
- child care centre
- two food and drink premises
- a reduction in the standard car parking requirements, and
- alter the access arrangements to a road in a Road Zone, Category 1.
Ten of the dwellings are proposed for affordable housing which will be secured by a registered Section 173 Agreement.
The development is generally known as the Chapel Hill development.
The land Amendment C127mann relates to is the land at 674-680 Doncaster Road and 2 Short Street, Doncaster. The land Planning Permit Application PLN20/0303 relates to is the land at 674-680 Doncaster Road, 2 Short Street and, 14, 14A, 16 & 18 Hepburn Road, Doncaster.