The Plaza Park Project is nearly here and the community is invited to celebrate the launch of this exciting new activity space in Manningham at an open day on Wednesday 23 September, 11.00 am – 2.00 pm.
Community Open Day at The Plaza Park Project
Wednesday 23 September, 11.00 am – 2.00 pm
MC Square Civic Plaza, 687 Doncaster Road, Doncaster
The Plaza Park Project is a joint partnership between Manningham Council and VicHealth that aims to provide opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to get active, meet others and have fun.
The forecourt of MC² will be transformed to include a fitness hub, ping pong table, giant games, exercise stations, sandpit, staging, seating, planted landscapes and an outdoor gallery system.
The Community Open Day will have plenty of things to see and do, with a Pop Up Park, exercise demonstrations, family games, free sausage sizzle from 12noon, arts play and music workshops just some of the many activities on offer.
Entertainment on the day will include Warrandyte bluegrass/gypsy band “Scrimshaw Four”, Indigenous hip hop artist performer, Brent Watkins, and a lion and drumming performance from the Chinese Youth Society of Melbourne.
The Plaza Park project will be active until April 2016 and will host some exciting community activities over the next eight months including:
- Ongoing classes and activities such as the fitness circuit, sports, tai chi and yoga to encourage the community to get physically active and improve their fitness
- School holiday programs, such as Pop Up Parks, nature play, arts and circus workshops
- Seasonal events for the community as part of Australia Day, Christmas and Easter celebrations
- Jazz nights, films, markets, and multicultural events
- Major Arts Events in partnership with Circus Oz, The Australian Ballet and the Victorian Arts Centre
- A wellbeing program and associated events including Mental Health Week and White Ribbon Day
- Community arts projects
- Environmental programs, with opportunities to participate in gardening, nature arts and a community veggie patch.
For more information on the Plaza Park Project please visit www.manningham.vic.gov.au/events or call 9840 9246.
Manningham Council is also calling for expressions of interest from community groups and organisations wanting to get involved in future programs and events at the Plaza Park Project.