Manningham Council has presented five food businesses with a Five Star Food Excellence Award for their outstanding performance and ongoing commitment to safe food handling during 2016.
The winners are determined following annual assessments by Council’s Environmental Health Officers of medium and high-risk food businesses in Manningham.
A total of 69 food businesses were recognised as part of the Five Star Food Safety Awards program for 2016, for demonstrating safe food handling practices and compliance with their Food Safety Program.
From this the top five businesses awarded were:
- CCSSCI On Luck Chinese Nursing Home, 177-179 Tindals Road, Donvale 3111
- Gloryland Childcare and Kindergarten, 952-954 Doncaster Road Doncaster East Victoria 3109
- Macedon Fish Bowl, Macedon Square Shopping Centre, 8 Macedon Road Templestowe Lower 3107
- Tasty Morsels Catering, 15 Rosella Street, Doncaster East 3109
- Donvale Christian College, 141-157 Tindals Road, Donvale 3111.
Each of the winners was presented with an engraved plaque to display in their business and $250 gift voucher.
Manningham Mayor Cr Michelle Kleinert said it is great to see the variety of food businesses awarded as part of this food safety program.
“Council encourages all businesses to strive for a high standard of food safety and is especially pleased to award five stand out businesses with a Five Star Food Excellence Awards each year.”
“In 2016 we have recognised a total of 69 local businesses and I would like to congratulate each and every one on them on their ongoing commitment to food safety in our community,” Cr Kleinert said.
Winners of the Five Star Food Safety Excellence Awards 2016 with Manningham Mayor Cr Michelle Kleinert (centre).