Work is complete on the Bulleen & Templestowe Senior Citizen Centre and the tenants have returned, following a major refurbishment of the facility undertaken as part of Manningham Council’s Asset Management Strategy.
Bulleen & Templestowe Senior Citizen Centre has been an important community facility for many years and the refurbishment will improve the overall standard of the facility, providing better quality services, energy efficient features and improved disability access, for the existing venue users and any future hirers.
The $345,000 refurbishment included:
- Remodeled male/female bathroom area (e.g.new compliant cubicals, toilets/urinals, basins, cabinetry, doorways)
- External roof and internal ceiling repair works
- Repaint of all internal and external painted walls
- Installation of a new range-hood/kitchen exhaust fan, oven, stove, dishwasher and stainless steel bench tops in the commercial kitchen, and replacement of all lighting in both kitchens and their associated storage areas
- Replacement of the stage in the main hall with a lower and smaller 4m long x 2.5m wide stage with ramp access
- Removal of the bi-fold door between what was the ‘Billiard Room’ and ‘Craft Room’ to create one larger area that now becomes part of the main hall
- Installation of new wall-mounted split air conditioning units (heating and cooling) in the enlarged main hall, as well as in the library
- Replacement of the old hot water unit in the kitchenette
- Installation of an overhead projector and drop down screen over the stage in the main hall
- Replacement of all window coverings and curtains with either block-out or partial blockout roller blinds
- Improvements to the garage/storage area for better weather/water-proofing
- Decommissioning of the existing under floor electrical heating
- New automated garage door.
Manningham Council appreciated the flexibility of facility users who used alternate venues while the works were underway.