The Small Grant is a category of the Community Grant Program. The grant allows not-for-profit groups and organisations to deliver one-off, innovative activities that support community initiatives and boost the quality of life of our residents.
What the grant hopes to achieve
The aim of the grant is to:
- respond to community needs
- assist with community participation in local activities and improve access for individuals and groups with having high needs
- grow local network development and partnerships
- provide opportunities for growing new skills for members of our community.
When does the funding round begin
Applications will remain open all year until we allocate all funds. We review submitted applications three to four times a year after the below dates.
Get your applications in before 28 February, 31 May, 30 August and 31 November 2022.
How the grant will allocate funds
- Community Strengthening category: Funding up to $3,000.
- Equipment Purchase category: Funding up to $1,500 as a 50 per cent co-contribution of the total cost of equipment.
Allocations are for one financial year. There’s no repeat funding.
The total estimated allocation for the Small Grants category is $100,000 per annum.
Not-for-profit groups and organisations may only receive 1 Small Grant per financial year.