The Community Development Grant is a category of the Community Grant Program and enables not-for-profit groups and organisations to achieve short to medium term community development outcomes.
Community Development Grants aim to:
- Respond to a demonstrated community need with a focus on vulnerable individuals and groups
- Provide for the inclusion and participation of all members of the community, including targeted responses that enable vulnerable individuals and groups to participate in local activities and opportunities
- Foster an inclusive and harmonious community, drawing strength from difference and diversity
- Enhance the health and wellbeing of the Manningham community
- Support a safer and more resilient community
- Encourage collaboration between Council, groups and organisations for the benefit of the community
- Enhance community outcomes through organisational change or development such as capacity building and research.
There is one Community Development Grant funding round per year - available annually in February.
Funding between $3,001 and $20,000 is available. Allocations are for one financial year and are not recurrent. The total notional allocation is $120,000 per annum.
How to Apply
For applicants wishing to apply for the Community Development Grant category, please refer to the assessment criteria on page 9 of the Community Grant Program Guidelines 2018 (392.48 KB)
Prior to submitting an application for the Community Development Grants, applicants must contact a Council Officer on (03) 9840 9305 to discuss your proposal.
For more information on how to apply, visit applying for community grants.