The Community Development Grant is a category of the Community Grant Program and enables not-for-profit groups and organisations to achieve short to medium term community development outcomes.
Community Development Grants aim to:
- Respond to a demonstrated community need with a focus on vulnerable individuals and groups.
- Be inclusive and allow all member of the community to participate, including targeted responses that enable vulnerable individuals and groups to participate in local activities and opportunities.
- Foster an inclusive and harmonious community, drawing strength from difference and diversity.
- Enhance the health and wellbeing of the Manningham community.
- Support a safer and more resilient community.
- Encourage collaboration between Council, groups and organisations for the benefit of the community.
- Enhance community outcomes through organisational change or development such as capacity building and research.
There is one Community Development Grant funding round per year - available annually in February.
The Community Development Grants are currently closed and will reopen in February 2022.
Funding between $3,001 and $20,000 is available. Allocations are for one financial year and are not recurrent. The total notional allocation for the Community Development category is $80,000 per annum.
How to Apply
For applicants wishing to apply for the Community Development Grant category, please refer to the assessment criteria on page 13 of the 2021 Community Development Grant Guidelines (531.56 KB)
For more information on how to apply, visit applying for community grants.