The $20 million redevelopment of the Aquarena Aquatic and Leisure Centre is one significant step closer towards its grand re-opening in mid 2016, with all programs and services recommencing in the totally refurbished Indoor Pool Hall.
The new look Indoor Pool Hall re-opens on Monday 5 October, 2015 with swimming lessons, school swimming lesson programs, Aqua Exercise, Aqua Play, Hydrotherapy, lap swimming and the leisure space all back in action for the commencement of term 4.
Manningham Mayor Cr Paul McLeish said the Indoor Pool Hall has been out of operation for three month for a total refurbishment that included:
- Repair and tiling of the entire Pool Concourse
- Tiling repairs and maintenance of the 25m pool
- New mechanical air-conditioning plant and equipment
- Upgrade to existing ducts.
- New gutter grating to all three pools
- New epoxy paint to base of toddlers pool
- Installation of three new sky lights
- Replacing existing lighting with energy efficient LED
- New seating for the pool hall
- Painting of structural steel, bulkheads and walls
- Replacing all pool signage to latest standards
- New glazed pool hand rails and balustrade.
“The Indoor Pool Hall is one of the most popular and important facilities at Aquarena and its re-opening is fantastic news for the community.”
“Visitors to the centre will be impressed by the extent of the works, the atmosphere in the new indoor pool facility and the range of programs available.”
“It is wonderful to see the Masterplan really taking shape and I am please to say that everything is on track for the grand re-opening in the middle of 2016,” he said.