Council’s Recreation Capital Works Funding Program provides funding towards sporting facility infrastructure developments. The Program aims to increase participation opportunities in organised sport and active recreation, whilst also providing a transparent and equitable process towards the development of Council’s sporting facilities.
What type of projects can I apply for?
The program aims to provide funding for a range of projects, including but not limited to:
- Pavilion upgrades;
- Sports field floodlighting;
- Tennis court upgrades;
- Synthetic surfaces;
- Cricket nets;
- Coaches boxes; and
- Spectator shelters.
Who can apply?
Applications are accepted from user groups that:
- Have a written agreement for use of Council’s sporting facilities; and
- Demonstrate capacity to fund their required financial contribution, where applicable.
How do I apply?
1. Read Council’s Outdoor Sports Infrastructure Policy
The Outdoor Sports Infrastructure Policy provides information on the type and size of infrastructure that will be provided for each sport. The Policy also provides information on the required financial contributions from user groups.
2. Contact Council to discuss your project
Before submitting an application, applicants must contact Council’s Recreation Liaison Officer to discuss their project. The Council Officer will provide feedback on the proposed project and will advise you on whether the project is permitted to be submitted. Applications received that have not been discussed with Council’s Recreation Liaison Officer will not be assessed.
Council’s Recreation Liaison Officer can be contacted on 9840 9333.
3. Gather the required information
The information sought within the application form reflects the assessment criteria. Before you complete the form, consider obtaining the following information:
- How will your project increase participation?
- Will your project increase participation opportunities in unstructured recreation (such as walking, jogging etc.)?
- Does your project pose a risk if it is not completed?
- Will your project incorporate Environmental Sustainable Design Principles (such as water retention, waste reduction and energy savings)?
- Financial information including the total project amount, any grants that will be obtained to help fund the project and any contributions your organisation will make.
4. Submit your application
Applications can be submitted by completing the Recreation Capital Works Funding Program Application Form. Application forms can be submitted year round, with applications assessed twice per year.
How will I know if my project will receive funding?
Applicants will be assessed in February and August each year. Council Officers will contact all applications to advise of the outcome of their submission. It is however noted that applications do not guarantee Council funding, and all applications are subject to assessment against a predetermined criteria.
Want more information?
For more information, please contact Council’s Recreation Liaison Officer on 9840 9333.