Ronald Reserve Playground
Ronald Reserve Playspace provides play and picnic opportunities in a landscaped setting for children of all ages. Young children can perform on the ‘Once Upon A Time’ story stage with its squeaky stepper seats or exchange a book at the Little Free Library. For some active play there are swings, a junior slide, a climbing net and a balance walk along logs, rocks and beams.
Within walking distance (250 metres away) to Bulleen Plaza and the Bulleen Library, this reserve is the perfect place to relax after shopping or read a book in the storytime area.
- Storytime area including a storytime chair/stage, tyre steppers and a free little library box for sharing books and produce
- Play equipment such as a swing set, combination climber and refurbished junior play unit
- Landscaping including logs and rocks for climbing, balancing and nature play opportunities
- Retained grassed open space area for picnics and ball games
- Additional trees
- Seat and picnic table area for resting and socialising
- Concrete entry path, signage and grassed swale for stormwater run off
Fun fact: The storytime chair/stage was made from a 100 year old pine tree that was felled by a storm in the early 1980s and rescued from becoming firewood to become the story time chair and stage it is today.
Take a book or share a book and produce - the free little library was designed by local residents and made by Kiwanis Club of Manningham for all to enjoy. The library sits on top of a Melaleuca stump that had fallen in the reserve.