The Small Grant is a category of the Community Grant Program and enables not-for-profit groups and organisations to deliver one-off, innovative activities that support community strengthening initiatives and enhance the quality of life of Manningham residents.
Small Grants aim to:
- Respond to a clearly identified community need
- Facilitate community participation in a range of local activities and enhance access for individuals and groups that are identified as having high needs
- Enhance local network development and partnerships
- Provide capacity building opportunities including skills development and learning.
There are two funding rounds per year for Small Grants – February and September. The next round will open in February 2019.
- Community Strengthening Category - Funding up to $3,000.
- Equipment Purchase Category - Funding of 50% co-contribution of the total cost of equipment (up to $1,500).
Allocations are for one financial year and are not recurrent. The total notional allocation is $110,000 per annum.
Not-for-profit groups and organisations may only receive one Small Grant per year.
How to Apply
For applicants wishing to apply for the Small Grants category, please refer to the assessment criteria on page 17 of the Community Grant Guidelines 2019 (841.95 KB)
For more information on how to apply, visit applying for community grants.
Support is available to community groups who require more assistance with their grant application and/or advice on how to apply online.
To discuss your application with our community grants project team, please call 9840 9305.