Timber Ridge Road, Doncaster
Melway reference: 32 K10
Timber Reserve is 4.6 hectares and provides a range of formal and informal recreation opportunities. It is centrally located and accessible from local streets with a sportsground for soccer and two playgrounds.
Facilities/Points of Interest
- Soccer - Manningham United Blues Football Club
- Walking paths (850 metre circuit around the Reserve)
- Off street parking
Timber Reserve has two play spaces providing different ranges of activities to the community. The playground located at the southern end of the park on Timber Ridge caters for 2-6 years and was upgraded in 2015.
The northern end play space will be upgraded as part of Manningham Council’s Neighbourhood Park Development Program 2017/2018. This play space is designed mainly for older children.
The upgrade will include:
- new equipment and furniture
- new paths into the reserve
- planting of canopy trees to provide shade
- low planting beds for colour, texture and nature play opportunities.
A copy of the draft concept plan is available below.
- consultation on proposed concept closes 14 February 2018
- final development plan on site in March 2018
- upgrade completed by June 2018.