In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have allocated $3.8 million towards a relief package to support our community. This funding includes a series of measures to help ratepayers and the community, local businesses, clubs and community groups.
A key part of this package is the Community Relief Fund. Consisting of $300,000 of urgent relief funding and $700,000 of Community Relief Fund grants, this will assist organisations to deliver crucial community recovery and resilience activities.
Almost $300,000 of urgent relief funding has been awarded to 15 community organisations who provide emergency relief and material aid, food packages, counselling services and housing support throughout Manningham.
Some of the services this funding will support include:
- Delivery of food packs to those who have been hit hardest,
- Maintaining essential home support for at-risk communities who cannot leave their house during this time,
- Ensuring children remain engaged with their education to decrease future unemployment and youth homelessness,
- Upskilling under-represented populations to increase their resilience, and
- Social check-ins on vulnerable individuals to combat increased social isolation.
A full list of funding recipients are listed below.
Applications for $700,000 of COVID-19 Community Relief Fund grants are currently open. If your community group, club or organisation is running a project which brings members of our Manningham community together, you may be eligible for a grant. For more information, visit manningham.vic.gov.au/community-relief-grants.
Community Relief Funding Recipients
|Doncaster Community Care and Counselling Centre||$120,000|
|EACH Youth Services||$30,000|
|Women's Friendship Group||$8,420|
|Kevin Heinze Grow||$20,000|
|Haven Home Safe||$12,500|
|Eastern Community Legal Services||$10,000|
|The Onemda Association||$25,000|
|Access Health and Community||$6,500|
|Manningham Uniting Church||$3,000|
|VP Community Holdings Ltd||$30,000|
|Women's Health East||$18,180|
|Living and Learning at Ajani||$30,000|
|Park Orchards Community House and Learning Centre||$5,000|
|St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria||$11,000|