Manningham Council is providing 39 local community organisations with $1,648,220 in funding as part of the annual Manningham Community Grant program.
The program supports non-profit community organisations to develop and deliver projects, programs and events which benefit, enhance and meet the needs of the community.
Funding has again been allocated to 12 Community Partnerships (Doncare, Eastern Community Legal Centre, Heide Museum of Modern Art, Kevin Heinze GROW, Living and Learning at Ajani,
Manningham Community Health Services, Park Orchards Community House and Learning Centre, Pines Learning, YMCA Manningham Youth and Community Services, Warrandyte Festival Committee, Warrandyte Neighbourhood House and Wonga Park Community Cottage), totalling $1,308,220 million in 2016/17.
In addition, 20 local community groups will receive $170,095 in the category of Community Development and a further seven will receive $59,700 in Arts and Culture grants.
More than $110,000 has also been allocated to the Small Grants category for the applications in the September 2016 and March 2017 funding rounds.
Manningham Mayor, Cr Paul McLeish said the Community Grant Program assists community organisations deliver services and activities that benefit the broader community, and fosters partnerships between community organisations and Council.
“In February, community groups and organisations were invited to submit funding applications to the 2016/2017 Community Development and Arts and Culture Grant Program.”
“Once again we saw a diverse range of funding applications that included community services, social welfare, arts and cultural, access, health, recreation and youth programs.”
“It was a very competitive grants process and consistent with previous years, the Grant Program was oversubscribed, receiving a total of 33 grant applications which equated to a total funding request of $379,405,” he said.
Community Development Grant recipients
- The Onemda Association Inc Creating Inclusive Communities - Audit and Accreditation Project - $18,610
- Blind Sports and Recreation Victoria (BSRV) Walking with Willpower in Manningham - $5,265
- Centre for Holistic Health Resilience of Emotional Roller Coaster Associated with Chronic Illness - $10,000
- Pines Learning: Get Ready to Work - $8,260
- Link Health and Community: The Opening Doors Community Leadership Program - $10,000
- Rights Employment Accommodation Leisure Inc: REAL MAD Theatre "Making a Difference" Theatre - $12,000
- Women's Health East: No Limitations - Phase two -$13,000
- Chinese Health Foundation of Australia: Connection and recreation for Chinese workers at Manningham - $15,000
- Women's Friendship Group Inc: Haven -$6,000
- Information Warrandyte Inc: Information Warrandyte Provision of Services 2016/2017 - $4,700
- Manningham Inclusive Community Housing Inc: Advancing Pipeline Abilities - $13,000
- Benevolence Australia: Community Gatherings - $6,760
- Able Australia Services: School Holiday Program for children with disabilities -$10,000
- House of Persia Community and Cultural Centre: HOPE Activity and Community Resource Programs - $3,500
- Warrandyte Climate Action Now: Enhancing community resilience through climate change action - $4,000
- St Stephen's Anglican Church Warrandyte: Community Hospitality Garden and Outdoor Hospitality Area - $7,000
- Manningham Interfaith Network Inc: 2016-17 MIN Programs including Harmony Day and Peace Torch - $7,000
- Australia Lebanon Chamber of Commerce & Industry (Vic) - Business Women's Group: Empowering Women into Leadership - $5,000
- Shanghai Overseas Exchange Association (Australia Inc): Wellbeing through Chinese Traditions - $5,000
- Migrant Information Centre (Eastern Melbourne): Social Connection through Art and Technology - $6,000
Arts and Culture Grants recipients
- The Pottery Expo: The Pottery Expo at Warrandyte - $8,500
- Manningham Musicians Association: Manningham Concert Band Concert Program - $12,200
- Warrandyte Community Church: Warrandyte Community Carols Saturday 17th December - $5,000
- Park Orchards Lions Club Inc: Park Orchards Community Christmas Carols 2016 - $5,780
- The Didge Circle Incorporated: The Melbourne Didgeridoo and Cultural Festival 2017 - $18,000
- Milgate Primary School P&F Multicultural Sub-committee: Multicultural Festival 2017 - $6,220
- St. Haralambos Greek Orthodox Church - Doncaster and Templestowe: Multicultural festival for the Manningham community - $4,000